Thursday, December 18, 2008
Posted by Margie at 1:29 PM
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
So it's been awhile since I posted last and I thought it was time for a little update. First of all, I'm pretty sure that we skipped November because I don't remember any of it. Here is my list of things that I do remember from the last month or so...
*HALLOWEEN!! Lincoln is an elephant. If that doesn't make you melt, I don't know what will. Seriously.
*Here is a sad thing. We gave Bosco to another family. I didn't want to blog about this because it makes me teary. It was just getting to hard, and we couldn't give him the attention that he needs. So, my sweet neighbor found the best home for him. Really, he couldn't have gone to a better family. Thanks Jennifer! We miss you Bosco!
*We had a lovely Thanksgiving. It was at the Peterson household this year. Lot's of great food and memories. Gotta love those memories. Side note: Do not ask the Peterson boys what they are thankful for. It is inappropriate to write and slightly offensive! But seriously, I really do have SO much to be thankful for.
*I waited in line at RC Willey's by myself for 3 hours in the rain the day after Thanksgiving. It was death. Not to mention cold. However, the good news is that we got new couches and a bedroom set!
*Some little boy tried to beat up Lincoln in the mall. It's true. We were at the little play area and some little kid came up to Lincoln and grabbed his cheeks (they are chubby) and clawed him across the face. Poor little Lincoln had a scrape/cut across his cheek. I was furious. I didn't realize how protective I am. Do NOT mess with my BABY! That's all I have to say about it.
*Travis is on his LAST week of school!!! He really has worked so hard. I can't believe he is going to be done. He keeps saying that as soon as he graduates he is going to run around naked all day. I think he is joking, but just in case I will keep the blinds closed ;). Thanks for all of your hard work, I love you!
*I beat my sister in law in an arm wrestle. Yes Jenny, I am really blogging about this. It was my shining moment with Travis' family. I think they all think that I am shy and quiet. Boy do I have them fooled! So....if anyone would like to lose in an arm wrestle, feel free to give me a call! :)
Well, that's all I can remember tonight. I will let send out an update if I can think of anymore riveting moments in my life!
Posted by Margie at 8:23 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Sharida tagged me, and it's a tag that I have already done. So, this time, I asked Travis the questions to see what he had to say about it. Keep in mind I had to ask half of these questions 2 and 3 times until I got an answer that would be appropriate to write on a blog. So, for your reading pleasure, this is "us" according to Travis:
What is your spouses name? Bosco, (Me: "Travis please be serious"), Margie
How long have you guys been married? 8 years (Me: "TRAVIS!!"), Ok, 3 1/2
How long did you date? 9 mos
How old is she? 25
Who is taller? me
Who can sing best? Bosco
Who is smarter? It depends on what your talking about. Your (me) smarter on artsy fartsy stuff, and I am smarter with everything else. (I have nothing to say about this)
Who does laundry? mostly me (that is a straight up lie!)
Who pays the bills? I do (I will give him that one)
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I sleep on the right side of the bed because I'm sleeping on it, that makes it the right side. Why the crap are the Jazz playing Harpring!?
Who mows the lawn? Nobody, we live in a jungle (true)
Who cooks dinner? Margie, and it is yummy (smart man)
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I don't know, neither, we're never wrong. (hmmm....)
Who kissed who first? I'm a playa, I'm a playa, I'm a playa (oh please)
Who wears the pants? I wear them on the outside, but you (me) wear them on the inside. (make sense to anyone?)
Wow. What else can I say?
Thanks for the tag Sharida, that was pretty fun. I tag Andrea, Annie, Amber, Nanci, Melanie, Krystin, and anyone else who wants to do it!
Posted by Margie at 8:49 PM
Friday, October 17, 2008
My new friend Nicole...Love her!
So last Tuesday our softball season ended. I made it! I, Margie Virginia Peterson was on an athletic team. I have to say, there were a few times that my bat actually connected with the ball! However, there are also a few times that my bat did not connect with the ball. I don't think I ever caught the ball at any time all season, but I did have some fun moments. I met a new friend (Nicole!), and got to hang out with my old friend (Melanie!). I don't think I will be playing on a team again due to my uncoordination, lack of throwing ability, lack of catching ability and unfailing need to pee everytime I run (thank you Lincoln!). That about covers it. I'm pretty sure nobody will be disapointed by that. However, I do think the right field at Barnes park just might miss me. The unfortunate thing is that occasionally a ball does come flying into right field. Luckily, I will no longer be there to miss it. Thanks for the memories! Maybe I will talk Travis into taking ballroom dancing lessons or something......maybe not.
Posted by Margie at 1:49 PM
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Last week we had a little photo shoot with Annie West ( sweetyesterdaysphotography.blogspot.com). She did such a great job! We could not be more happy with our pictures. She is so CREATIVE and FUN! I loved all the pictures, it is so hard to choose. Thank you so much, Annie, you are so TALENTED!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Where did that year go?! I can't believe Lincoln is already one! He's such a big boy now, what happened to my little baby? He's walking, and getting into everything. He's also so much fun and has a ton of personality. Happy birthday little boy!
Posted by Margie at 1:26 PM
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
So it's been awhile since I've posted. I really don't have a good excuse, just haven't felt like it I guess! We have had a busy month. Here's what we have been up to...
- I entered Lincoln in a baby contest and Diaper Derby at the Davis County Fair. Lincoln looked so cute, but for some crazy reason the judges didn't pick him! Hello, did they not SEE his head band! This is him with the judges before the contest. I thought we would try to do a little sucking up before it started, however, Lincoln was not going along with the game plan as you can see! He also raced in the Diaper Derby, which was hilarious! I had my sweet mom record it, however she pushed pause rather than record button, so we have great footage of before and after the race! Lincoln won the first round (with the help of a bag of fruit snacks), but didn't quite make it in the second round. He was just to distracted by all of the people at the fair!
2. We went to a Wells Fargo recognition carnival. Lincoln had his first try of cotton candy and snow cones, Yummy! Travis and I climbed the climbing wall. Travis didn't take a picture of me, probably because I dominated it (he gets a little jealous). I hate when that happens!
3. We went and saw Brian Regan at Thanksgiving Point. He was absolutely hilarious! Travis and I were laughing so hard I thought I was going to wet myself, really. If you haven't seen him, check him out... So funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxe0uO2Dpuc
4. Travis and I joined a softball team. I know, those of you who know me are probably asking yourselves right now, "but Margie, you have never done anything athletic in your life." This is still true, however, I could not resist Travis' puppy dog eyes when he asked me to be on their team. He obviously did not know what he was getting into. So, we had our first game last Tuesday, and we had been to the batting cages, and practiced throwing and catching. Travis even bought me my own mitt so that I could feel official. I was feeling pretty good about myself considering all of the practicing we had done. However, when we got to the game I realized they were not playing the same game that we had been practicing all week. No sir. This was a little more intense than I had expected, and I realized that I still did not know how to catch and throw. To make a long story short I stayed in right field and thankfully the ball did not come to me. Does anybody remember the Pizza Hut commercial about right field from the original Ninja Turtles movie? Didn't think so, OK. Well, here it is. It's pretty much me without the sweet catch at the end. http://www.imeem.com/isilweth/video/A2zkpxEE/pizza_hut_right_field_commercial_from_teenage_mutant_ninja/ We have another game tonight, so I will let you know how it goes. Please pray that the ball doesn't come to me. Thanks.
Posted by Margie at 9:32 AM
Sunday, July 27, 2008
So I've started another little blog with my pencil sketches. There is a link to it on the right. If anyone has any comments or suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks for checking it out!
Posted by Margie at 10:14 PM
Monday, July 21, 2008
Ok, so I've seen this on so many blogs and had decided I didn't want to do it, but it is so fun to think about all of the memories I have had with so many of you. So I am putting it, but don't feel any pressure to leave one!
1. Add a comment of a memory you have of the 2 of us together...it can be a recent memory or a memory of way back
2. Add these instructions to your own blog and wait for the memories to roll in!
Posted by Margie at 5:37 PM
Monday, July 7, 2008
Lincoln and Bosco became partners in crime. I am now chasing both of them all around the house. They are very mischevious.
I've been painting my house. I decided I couldn't look at this red wall for one more second, and therefore needed to repaint everything. Thanks for being so patient Travis!
We celebrated the 4th! Who doesn't love the Kaysville parade?
Thanks for checking up on us!
Posted by Margie at 2:48 PM
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Uh, oh! Busted!
Run Bosco, RUN!!
Posted by Margie at 8:10 PM
Friday, May 30, 2008
We went to Fish Lake over Memorial weekend with Travis' family. Here are some pics from the trip.
Travis took this picture of Lincoln taking a nap in the trailer. Some how his bear ended up on his head. I'm lovin' it! Bosco was so happy he didn't get left behind. He loved playing with the other dogs.
There was one day that wasn't freezing so we got to go 4-wheeling. Don't worry, we didn't actually drive the 4-wheeler with Lincoln on it.
That little face kills me!
Gotta love the dirty family camping picture!
Posted by Margie at 3:33 PM
Friday, May 16, 2008
Posted by Margie at 2:36 PM
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Posted by Margie at 1:54 PM