Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Seizures

This past weekend was another rough one for sure! Lincoln started sneezing and coughing on Saturday and we just thought he must have a little cold. In the middle of the night he felt a little warm so I gave him some Tylenol and everything seemed fine. On Sunday, he was acting fine so we decided to head to Riverton for a birthday party for Travis' nephew. Just as we were getting to Bountiful Travis looked back at Lincoln and he was having a seizure! We both started freaking out and Travis pulled over. We called 911 and headed toward the ER at Lakeview Hospital. I think Travis was almost going 100 mph. I can't think of a more disturbing image then seeing your little baby in a seizure and I don't want to! At the hospital they gave him some chest x-rays and decided he has Pneumonia. So, we got his medicine and spent the night at Travis' parents house (we are still homeless at the moment). We just had Lincoln in a little Pack-n-play next to our bed and he woke up about every hour. Around 5:00 a.m., Travis just jumped out of bed and ran to Lincoln and he was having another seizure. We called 911 again and the paramedics came and made sure he was okay. I still don't know how Travis woke up, because Lincoln wasn't making any noise. It was just like he knew something was wrong. I guess when it really matters the spirit doesn't mess around! So now, Lincoln is starting to feel better. I guess when he is sick he just spikes fevers really fast, so we have to be really careful to keep him on Tylenol even if he just has a cold. Luckily, there is no permanent damage, and hopefully it won't happen again. I for one, am tired. But once again, feel grateful that it wasn't anything worse.

14 comments:

Erin said...

My goodness. Have they figured out a way to prevent the seizures? It makes you realize how these little people are the most important thing!

Ehlers Family said...

Oh my gosh... I couldnt imagine going through all that.. I hope your ok.. Call me anytime if you need someone to lean on.. Let me know how Lincoln is doing..

Candace Thomas said...

I feel so bad for little Lincoln. I have been thinking about you tons lately and (even today I asked Kristi about you)! My thoughts and prayers are with you guys...and you are more than welcome at my house. Jake and Lincoln can play, while YOU have a nap!

Anonymous said...

Oh Margie :(
how horriable. I am so sorry!!!!!
so so sorry!
i will pray for little Lincoln and his mom and dad!!

How are you feeling anyways????

sNick said...

Margie!!! I can't believe all these posts! You must be the bravest mom ever! I know I'm an hour away, but is there anything that I can do?

Stephanie said...

Wow Margie, I think you are now the expert in emergency mom situations. If I ever need advice one day I will know who to call.

You're great!

Tanada said...

I'm so sorry. You must be just dying from the stress. You are totally a rock, and just because you don't live here anymore doesn't mean we won't pray and fast for little Lincoln's health. I'm so sorry.

{C}lique Photography said...

Oh my gosh Margie!! Seriously, how much can one person really take? I know you've been dealt more than your share!! You are such a strong mom, I would completely have my child in a bubble. I'm so glad he's okay and there wasn't any permanent damage. We'll keep little Lincoln in our prayers and hope that this is the last of these episodes, ambulances, and ER trips!! Love you Margie, lets us know if you need anything!

BoltonBlog said...

Wow, you have really gone through a lot. You guys should look by me, there are some great houses out here and some great deals. Let me know if you need anything.

Erika and Kevin said...

Margie, I am so sorry I can't even imagine going through something like that! that is so scary! I am sorry!

jEsSiCa said...

Margie! You little sweetheart.... I am so sorry you keep going through these episodes, and little Lincoln:( I hope he gets feeling better! You are such amazing parents! Even though you don't live here anymore though, doesn't mean you can't still call anytime you need, so please do!

Mom+Girls said...

I am so sorry for him and you guys...its so hard to see your kids sick...hope he feels better!!

fergusonfam said...

I can't even imagine. That is so scary. I'm so sorry Margie. I will call you soon.

Jill Pritchett said...

Margie -- I can't believe this keeps happening. It is so stressful. I'm sorry that you have to go through this. We will keep him in our prayers. I miss you guys!! Happy Mother's Day!!!