Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Craziness

This past week has been nothing but an emotional, crazy, exhausting, roller coaster! Poor Travis, I am pretty sure that I cried at least once a day if not more (okay, maybe a lot more!). We moved out of our lovely little house, which I adored (didn't realize how much I adored it until we left), and moved in to Travis' grandmas basement until we can find a new house. Here's a little tip for all of you girls out there whose husbands may come home one day and say "I found a place where we can live while we look for a new house. It has three bedrooms, a family room, and a bathroom. This way, we can take as long as we want while we look for our new house." Sounds reasonable, right? Ok, so here's where the little tip comes in, DO NOT agree to anything until you have actually seen it. I mean it. I learned the hard way, and that's all I'm going to say about it! Ok, so back to my adorable little house that we just left. I have been thinking about so many memories and things that I learned while living there. Here are a few of my faves in no particular order...

*We had a BABY while living in that house! I learned to be a mother and it was really really hard! I spent many nights rocking back and forth with my little newborn trying to figure out what the heck I was doing!

*I learned what JOY was. Really, it sounds cheesy, but I didn't know until little Lincoln boy graced us with his presence.

*I painted that entire house at least twice, and the bathroom 4 times. As a result, Travis never wants to paint anything again....anything....ever.

*I met a lot of great neighbors that quickly became friends. I will really miss so many of you.

*I remember so many nights Travis and I would walk around the park talking about all of our BIG plans and ideas for the future. We talked about how wierd it would be when we had kids...now we almost have two....what the.....!

Good bye little house, we will miss you. I hope those new people will take good care of you. Especially your yard (it really needs it).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Margie.....I MISS you dearly!
I will miss your face at church and your cute clothes :)

Im so happy to have blogs to keep in touch!

Im so happy to have met you.
You are one of the sweetest people I have ever met.

You will meet NEW neighbors and new friends....and new people who will just love you :)

Anonymous said...

let the presence of the litter box commence. You can do hard things Marg!

Erin said...

I felt the EXACT same way when we left our house to come back to school. That house held a lot of firsts for us. We became a family in that house. Anyway, best of luck searching for a new place. How's the pregnancy goin?

Anonymous said...

Margie I already miss you tons! Good luck on finding a new place to call home!
Miss you neighbor!

Tanada said...

We miss you so much Margie. Thanks for being you, you were so kind to me and made my transition to a house easier. No matter where you go people will love you, you're just that kind of person.

Angie Orison said...

Margie...we miss you so much over here!! It has been so nice this week and we weren't able to go take walks together, it makes me sad! I have been thinking about calling you lately to see how you have been handling everything, but of course Wyatt has been taking up ALL of my time. Call me sometime when its nice and we can meet up at Castle Park!!

Jill said...

I hope you are liking your new digs at Gene and Trudee's better. You are so funny Margie. Your house was adorable, I can understand why you would miss it. Don't worry though, you will love your new house tons more and you will create wonderful memories there too.