Monday, December 14, 2009

So much...

A lot has happened since I last posted I don't know where to begin! I will start in November...

*We blessed Bennett. It was such a nice day and we had all our family there. Thanks for all of your help!

*Thanksgiving was so LOVELY this year. I loved it. I had so much fun hanging out and playing games with my family. They make me laugh. We may or may not have started a roller blading gang called "we want to rock". Dale (my oldest brother) may or may not be the president. He is getting roller blades for Christmas :). Did I mention that he is 30 years old? Love it.

*So remember in my last post when I said "I'm going back"? Okay, so I'm not going back...to Weber State at least. I changed my mind. I am a woman, I'm entitled to do so! I am going to be an apprentice to my sister in law who is a hair stylist. So, it's just like beauty school. I have to get 2500 hours, but she is going to teach me instead of trying to go to an actual school. I am so excited! I've always wanted to do it, but never felt like I could once I had kids. You know what this means...I'm going to need lots of people to practice on! Oh and yes Jill, I do believe I will still need to get some new school clothes :).

*My grandma Virginia Wursten passed away last Thursday. Yesterday was her funeral. She had a lot of hard things in her life. I don't think I could have been as strong as her given the circumstances. My aunt read part of her life story at the funeral. I couldn't believe how much I didn't know about her! Why didn't I ever ask her how she and my grandpa met? She will be missed.

*Bennett refuses to take a bottle. I cannot leave him for more than 2 hours. Does anybody have any ideas? I think I might lose it. I don't want to nurse anymore, but have no other choice at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!


And now...for your viewing pleasure...







Lincoln was very shy with Santa, he wouldn't look at him or say a word.


We took Lincoln to Layton park to see the animal lights...it was magical!


He's a puzzle maniac. We do them everyday!!







He's getting so big!


I hate the rivalry, but Travis loves it. He's starting Lincoln early.





Sweet baby
























5 comments:

Erin said...

Sorry about your grandmother. Sweet is the peace the gospel brings!

Tyler never took a bottle. Ultimately, it took him going hungry to take it. I had to remind myself he wouldn't wither away to nothing if he missed a feeding or even two. He got hungry enough he took the bottle. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome that you are going to do a hairstyling apprenticeship! I love doing hair, it's seriously the best job ever cuz you can work as much or as little as you want! good luck on it! I can't believe how big your boys are, I need to see you all soon! are we doing an after-christmas pizza party or something this year??

Jill said...

I was so sad to hear about your Grandma's death. She seemed like such a sweet lady. I wish I knew more about my grandparents too.

I am very excited about you learning to do hair. I'm sure it will greatly cut down Jenny's stress trying to get all of the family members taken care of all the time. You can definitely practice on me. Glad to hear you are still getting new school clothes. You deserve them!

Leslie said...

I had no idea about your grandma. I'm so sorry. Congrats on the beauty school. I have always thought it would be a good fit for you. I will let you practice on me! It will be a good excuse to come and visit :)
P.S. Lincoln looks so different from when I last saw him. Does he have red hair now?

The Wood Family said...

Can you practice on me? I really need a haircut! :)