Friday, August 28, 2009

Documentation of the nights occurences

8:00 p.m. - Toddler goes down to sleep for the night

10:00 p.m. - Father, Mother and Baby go down to sleep for the night

12:00 a.m. - Baby wakes up and mother feeds baby

12:30 a.m. - Baby goes back to sleep

2:15 a.m. - Toddler wakes up crying

2:30 a.m. - Toddler still crying

2:31 a.m. - Father rocks Toddler

2:40 a.m. - Toddler still crying

2:41 a.m. - Father puts Toddler in our bed

3:35 a.m. - Toddler is still awake in our bed

3:40 a.m. - Father gives toddler Tylonel and puts him back in his crib

3:45 a.m. - Baby is crying

3:46 a.m. - Mother feeds baby

3:56 a.m. - Mother changes baby's diaper

3:57 a.m. - Baby is stinky now

3:58 a.m. - Mother takes off baby's diaper to change him again

3:58 a.m. - Baby poops on mothers hand and bed

3:58 a.m. - Baby poops again

3:58 a.m. - and again

3:59 a.m. - Mother cleans off her hand

3:59 a.m. - Baby pees into the air, Mother doesn't notice until Father tells her

4:00 a.m. - Baby cries

4:00 a.m. - Mother laughs and then cries

4:03 a.m. - Mother begins feeding baby again

4:30 a.m. - Baby goes back to sleep

5:00 a.m. - Mother can't sleep, so she blogs about the night

5:25 a.m. - Mother prays that the children will sleep late....very late

17 comments:

sNick said...

Wow. And I was feeling sorry for myself because I only got 6 1/2 hours of sleep. You win.

rdelight said...

Oh, Margie... I laughed so hard at your post! It compares to our life right now like you wouldn't believe! We need to get together and laugh (or cry) about this kind of stuff.
Call me!

fergusonfam said...

Oh the joys of parenthood. Don't worry, it gets better. Hang in there. He is adorable. I would love to come and see you when you are ready. Love ya Marg!

Erin said...

My goodness! That sounds like just about the right mix of emotions. I sure hope you can sleep today while they take naps.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! I'm not looking forward to October anymore. Please tell me Lincoln was having a rough night at this isn't typical! Margie, you are the best. When things calm down, let me know. I would love to come and see the baby.

Leslie

Chris and Brooklyn said...

Oh Margie! I would have been crying at about 1:00! Call me sometime if you want me to take Lincoln and you and baby CAN sleep late!!! Loved seeing you yesterday!

Erika and Kevin said...

It gets better Margie! The first couple weeks are the hardest, at least for me, and I am sure you are much more patient then me. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

MARGIE!!! ahhhhh you had your BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im dieing....how exciting!!
im late...sorry :(

what a FUN night you had.., i have a feeling you may have some more like this? Hang in there and Smile mommy!!

Im sure you live by me close somewhere....lol what do you live by?

Melody said...

Just leave them with me overnight and then you can get a good night's sleep.

Erika W said...

And this is where you kick into survival mode for the next 4 months or so. So much work but so worth it. He is a gorgeous baby, by the way!

Kristin Sokol said...

Maybe two is enough for me. I can't take many more nights like this.

Really though, these nights are treasures. You'll look back and smile when you think about it.

Candace Thomas said...

See I DO need to take Lincoln:) Bennett is ADORABLE...and I can't wait to see you!

JLH DMB said...

Holy smokes! That is one crazy routine...you deserve a spa day and a million dollars. We miss you guys, and can't wait til we get to meet cute little poopy Bennett:) Hope you get to take a LONG LONG nap:)

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at your post about all this. I'm totally laughing, i think because I truly hear your voice in all of it and feel like I was there. my favorite is that you laughed, then cried...isn't two quite the adventure? I"m in ogden for a few weeks and I want to see you and the sleepless children.

Kirk and Janelle Tingey said...

Oh the joys of having a new baby in the house. It did make me laugh - though I'm sure you were about ready to pass out by the time you were posting this! Good luck - and get some sleep!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Margie! I sure hope your kids at least sleep during the day so you can nap! Don't worry, it will get better... eventually... but by then you may be preggo again and can't sleep because of that discomfort... just wait, in 20 years or so the kids will be out of the house! lol!

Calee said...

MARGIE! Oh my gosh, I can't believe I ran across your blog! How fun to "see" you:) Congrats on your cute family, your boys are adorable.