Sunday, March 8, 2009

One Day at a Time

So, I think if Lincoln has one more medical emergency somebody is going to have to take ME to the hospital because seriously, I can't handle it anymore.
Last Monday, Lincoln was feeling a little warm and I could tell that he had a little bit of a fever. I didn't think to much about it to be honest. When he woke up from his nap we just cuddled on the couch and watched an episode of Blue's Clues (his ALL TIME favorite show). After his show was over I felt him jerk a little bit. I turned him around to see his face and he went into an all out seizure. All I could think was "this is not happening, this is SO not happening". I grabbed my phone and called 911 (for the second time this year) and hysterically tried to explain what was happening to my sweet little boy. The seizure lasted about 30 seconds (it seemed like 10 minutes). After it ended he just laid there with his eyes closed, moaning. I couldn't get him to wake up. Finally, the paramedics got there and did there thing. Everything turned out okay, but it was absolutely terrifying to me. I felt so helpless. Looking back on it, I really feel so lucky that it wasn't worse and that he will be fine. My heart really goes out to people with children who have cancer or other life threatening illnesses. I can't even imagine, and really don't want to. We are really fortunate. I also wanted to mention what sweet neighbors I have. When they saw the paramedics come to my house they rushed over and were just there. They hung out with me until Travis made it home, and I really needed that! So thank you for your kindness, you guys are making it really hard to move!

On a lighter note, my sweet little brother Derek is engaged. He is going to marry Samantha Speredon and we are so excited to have her in our family. She is delightful and makes such a great match for Derek. We are so happy for them.

Also, this past Friday I had a doctors appointment and we are having a....................BOY! This definitely didn't come as a surprise, but we are so excited! I am getting totally outnumbered! It will be so fun for Lincoln to have a little buddy, and I hope that they will always be close. I love this new little guy already, and can hardly wait for him to join our family!

15 comments:

Chris and Brooklyn said...

Oh Lincoln boy, im glad he's back and runnin, he is so cute! Its great you are having a boy because you already have Lincolns hand.me.downs so it will be less stressful with the move and all! See ya Sunday

Mom+Girls said...

so sad...poor Lincoln! I feel so sorry for you being alone at the home you are really brave... I will probable panic and just start to cry and dont know what to do...you are a great mom!!! Hope thinks are better for him and also CONGRATS on the new baby boy...hope he brings lots of blessing to you family!

Candace Thomas said...

You poor thing...I am so glad Lincoln is ok. You do not need any more stress! I would love to come help you if you need it. And last but not least...I am so EXCITED for your little boy, another one, how fun!

Erin said...

What a rollercoaster you have been on. Do they know what is wrong with Lincoln? Or is this just a fluke thing? I'm SO glad he is okay.

Congratulations on the little boy! Boys are fantastic!

Kiersten said...

Margie! I don't know how I will deal with stuff like this. I think you are amazing even to be able to think straight. Was it just because he had a fever? I'm glad everything is okay now. And congratulations on the little boy--it seems like there will be a lot this summer! Hopefully somewhere a lot of little girls are being born, because everyone I know is having a boy!

Erika and Kevin said...

Ohh Margie that is so scary! Why did he go into a seizure! I just couldn't handle that! I am glad he is ok know! Congrats on the little boy!! How fun is that! I don't think I ever posted that i am having a girl, I wanted another boy so ethan could have a good friend, but a girl will be equally as fun too! Congrats!

Ehlers Family said...

Oh my heck Margie.... You have really gone through some crazy stuff.. I couldnt imagine!! Im glad everything turned out ok.. and Congrats on a BOY!! ahh thats so exciting.. Seriously if you ever need anything just call me.. Im pretty much home all the time haha!

Sharida said...

Poor Lincoln and Poor you!! You are so strong! I could just imagine the hysterics I'd be in! Your children and your life!!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! A boy!! I absolutely love that I had 2 boys together. They are the best of buds, you should see them wrestle and laugh on the floor, it's the best!! :)

Congrats on your new soon to be sister in law. It's so nice when you get along with "new" members of the family. Can't say the same for all my family. lol Have they set a date? I love engaged couples! They're so fun to work with cuz they are the happiest ever! (Well at least most of them are.) lol

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Margie :(
Im so sorry! wow! I just read this post shakeing my head...i just coulnd't believe it!
so have they explained to you what happened?
Im glad you had comfort from your neighbors!!!!! {I wish I was there}

CONGRATS to your brother and his soon to be wife! :)
and CONGRATS ON YOUR BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
luv them boys! :)

Anonymous said...

Geese, you have had a time with him. Do they know what caused it??? It will be so fun to have two boys in a row... Congrats!

Angie Orison said...

Congrats on the boy!! I am so sorry you had another scary episode with Lincoln....I don't know how I would ever be able to handle that, but I totally know I am so grateful for healthy, beautiful children!

JULIE B. said...

Margie, our prayers are with you. I am so sorry to hear about your little boy.

Jill said...

I am so glad that Lincoln is okay. We were so worried when we heard.

I was so mad at Brock yesterday. He totally forgot to tell me that you found out you are having a boy. Well, he finally remembered to tell me yesterday. I guess I should check your blog more often!

treehugger said...

Margie I would have a stroke if I was you. Glad Lincoln's okay. Any underlying problem? And 2 boys will be awesome!

Lisa Sprague said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having medical issues. It is the worst thing ever!!! Treysen gave us a lot of problems too. He was hospitalized twice with asthma attacks. He's never had a seizure so I can't imagine how scary that would be. That's something a mother never wants to experience. I hope things get much better. Congrats on the baby boy!!! It's very fun to have two boys close!