Friday, March 7, 2008

What's stinky, hard, and brown all over?

No...I am not talking about what I just found in Lincoln's diaper. I am talking about the dinner I made on Wednesday night. My mom has this great crock pot recipe for Italian chicken, and I couldn't find it anywhere so I decided to make up my own version. Not my best idea. I wish I had taken a picture of it, because I am not exaggerating when I say that it looked just like poo. Travis and I took one look at it, and just started laughing. But, being the sweet husband that he is he choked it down anyway. I will not be making up my own recipes anymore. However, the point I am trying to make is that I need some new recipes! So...if anyone has any good recipes they would like to share feel free to do so. Travis would really appreciate it.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Margie, you may have already heard of this website, but if you haven't it is great! thepioneerwomancooks.com I absolutely love it. She has the best recipies, and they are pretty easy too.

fergusonfam said...

Those are the cutest pictures of Lincoln. I love it. I'm sorry that the new recipe thing didn't work for you. I've been there. It definitely makes for a great story. I love the title of your post. We should swap some recipes. I need some new ones too. See you soon!

Neely Family said...

Margie, Love your blog! how did you do it? I've tried to make mine that cute, but it's not working! I'll share some recipes as soon as you show me how to change my template, okay!
Krystin

Jill said...

Margie, you are so funny! Whenever I can't remember how to make something I either call my mom, or check out foodnetwork.com There are tons of awesome recipes on there and they are rated by how good they are. Don't give up on experimenting though! You're bound to get it right eventually!! :)

Angie Orison said...

That is so funny, I just tried out a new recipe and Ky said it ended up tasting like bologna and it was supposed to be Raspberry Chicken...I definetly won't be making that anymore. We definetly need to do some recipe swaps though. Oh, where did you find your blog background, I love it.

Kristin Sokol said...

Margie--
I found you! So sorry about your kitchen disaster. Don't let that stop you from experimenting though. Sometimes they turn out really good. But take it from me, don't mess around with a recipe if you are planning to serve it at a dinner party. Also from experience, don't make a new recipe for the first time when you are planning to serve it at a dinner party.

Do you know what is really good though...Salsa Chicken. Its just salsa and chicken together in the crock pot for like 3 hours or so. Then serve on tortilla's with black beans or rice or both. Yummy. That's one of our staples.

Also, are you getting your free copy of KRAFT food and family magazine? Because if your not you should. They send 4 issues a year and its full of new recipes that are easy and simple. You sign up for it on Kraftfoods.com.

It was fun to see you today. I just love seeing all my cousins and cousin-in-laws. We should get together more often since it sounds like we are mostly at-home moms.